Q: What is the 2019 Auction?
A: The 2019 Auction is an event organized by the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) to raise money for the students of University Park Elementary School. The money we raise will go directly to paying the salaries of 2.5 classroom teachers to help maintain our low classroom sizes. It consists of a live, online, and silent auction. Our goal is to raise $77,000 this year. Tickets are $60 per person and are ON SALE NOW.
Q: How do I donate or sponsor the 2019 Auction?
A: If you would like to donate a good or service or sponsor the event, please email Rachelle Montanaro and Tamara Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the 2019 Auction and how you can support UPark can be found here: Procurement and Sponsorship Packet
Q: When and where is the 2019 Auction?
A: The online auction will begin on Sunday, March 31, 2019 and end on Thursday, April 4, 2019. The live and silent auction will be held on Saturday, April6, 2019 from 6:00PM to 11:00PM at Archetype Distillery.
Q: How do I get to Archetype Distillery?
A: Archetype Distillery is located at 119 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80209. There is limited parking at Archetype Distillery. Street parking is available. Using Uber or Lyft is strongly recommended.
Q: What is the theme of the 2019 Auction?
A: The theme of the 2019 Auction is Lights, Camera, AUCTION! This theme was chosen because Archetype Distillery is housed in the historic former Webber Theater.
Q: What does “festive attire” mean?
A: Our theme is Lights, Camera, AUCTION! So we hope that this movie theme will inspire some fun red carpet attire. If all else fails, grab a tie and your best little black dress.
Q: Are children invited to the 2019 Auction?
A: Unfortunately, children are not invited to the 2019 Auction. This event is for adults only.
Q: How much are tickets to the 2019 Auction?
A: Tickets are $60 per person and are ON SALE NOW. The last day to purchase tickets at this price is Wednesday, April 3, 2019. If you would like to purchase tickets at the door, the price will increase to $75 per person. The ticket price includes dinner by Cuba Cuba, dessert by Nothing Bundt Cakes and Milk & Cake, dancing and an OPEN BAR. There will also be games and a photo booth. To purchase tickets or to participate in the bidding process, you will need to create a PTA Pal account.
Q: How do I set up a PTA Pal account?
A: To set up a PTA Pal account, please go to upark.ptapal.com. A credit card will be needed to set up your account, but it will only be charged if you purchase tickets or win an item. All notifications, including confirmations and receipts, will be sent to the email address provided. Each account will be assigned a bid number to bid on items.
Q: What items will be included in the online auction?
A: This year’s online auction offer $75K worth of items, spread across 27 categories. Online bidding opens on Sunday, March 31st at 9AM and staggered closing will begin on Thursday, April 4th at 8PM. Included below are a few highlights you can find on 3/31:
- Colorado Rockies – Four Lower Level Tickets + VIP Tour for Four
- Disney on Ice “Mickey’s Search Party”, December 5th– 8th, 2019 – Four Suite Tickets
- Cheley Colorado Camps – First Term 2019, June 11th – July 7th, 4 Week Overnight Campership
- Coravin Model Eight Wine System
- Denver Broncos – Four Club Level Preseason Tickets
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – 2 VIP Tickets to EITHER SOLD OUT Red Rocks show on 8/21/19 or 8/22/19
- HW Home $500 Gift Certificate
- Camp Timberline – Outta Bounds Teen Week Summer Camp for 6th-8th Graders, July 22-26, 2019
- NHL Colorado Avalanche Official Game Hockey Puck Signed by Matt Duchene
- Peachtree Audio deepblue3 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Music System
Q: Why should I come to the live Auction event?
A: In addition to having a blast eating, drinking and dancing with other UPark parents, the live event offers unique teacher and parent experiences as well as our fantastic live auction items (Disney World Trip!) to bid on.
Q: Do I have to spend thousands of dollars if I attend the live event?
A: NO! You don’t have to spend a dime at the event if you don’t want to. Just come to hang out and see what we have to offer. No pressure, all fun!
Q: What items will be included in the live auction?
A: The live auction will include:
- New York City Food & Wine Festival: Two Grand Tasting tickets to the New York City Food & Wine Festival on October 13, 2019. While you are there, experience some of the best New York City has to offer: a Classic Harbor Line Cruise, Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, tickets to the top of One World Observatory, and more!
- One Year of Date Nights: (12) $100 gift cards to the best restaurants in Denver, gift certificates for chocolate, flowers, whiskey, and babysitting.
- Thanksgiving in Walt Disney World: One bedroom villa at Marriot Harbour Lake and 10 tickets to Disney World from November 22 – 29.
- The Man. The Music. The Show:Box seat tickets to Hugh Jackman at the Pepsi Center on July 10, 2019.
- Principal for a Day
- Reserved Parking Space for the 2019/2020 school year
Q: Will there be a silent auction on the night of the event?
A: Yes! The silent auction at the event will include: Class Art Projects, Teacher/Staff Experiences, Parent Experiences, and a few select items such as a KOTA longboard, Orange Theory Fitness Package, a Date Night Package at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco, and more!
Q: What are Kid/Teacher Experiences?
A: The Kid/Teacher Experiences are activities planned and organized by a UPark staff member. They allow kids to interact with a teacher outside of normal school hours. Examples include bowling, laser tag, and movie night. Availability is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
Q: What are Parent Experiences?
A: The Parent Experiences are activities hosted and sponsored by a UPark parent/family. Examples include bicycle tours, scavenger hunts, and themed parties. These experiences are extremely popular and a great way to meet other UPark parents and families. Availability is limited and on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to host a Parent Experience, please email Rachelle Montanaro and Tamara Reese at email@example.com.
Q: When can I pick up the item(s) I won at the 2019 Auction?
A: The items will be distributed to the winning bidders on Monday, April 8, 2019 from 3:45 PM – 6:00 PM in the Gifted and Talented Room (#107).