The UPark PTA is the school’s largest fundraising and volunteer body. Our mission is to “promote the welfare of children,” and “make every child’s potential a reality.” Please join the UPark PTA, attend our monthly PTA meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 PM, and consider volunteering your time and talents.
Please read Colorado PTA’s statement on adequate school funding and the teaching profession.
2019-20 Meeting Dates
We provide babysitting during the PTA meetings at the school to make it easier for families to attend. Please use the RSVP link in the school newsletter prior to each meeting in order to help us plan for the number of babysitters needed.
See the school bulletin and/or calendar to find exact location.
- Tuesday, Jan. 7th, 6pm at an offsite location TBD
- Tuesday, Feb. 11th, 6 pm
Learn More About the PTA
During 2018-2019, we provided a $125,000 grant to the school which allows UPark to continue to be fully staffed with teachers and paraprofessional support. Additionally, we funded education equipment and library books, supported on of the few elementary school bands in DPS, and provided upgraded technology to support all classrooms, as well as so much more.
Here are some of the commitments that the PTA made during the 2017-2018 school year:
- Provided the funds to pay for 2.5 full-time teachers. Without our yearly grant to UPark, we would have to reduce our staff and increase our class sizes!
- Purchased nearly 200 new books for the library and teacher classrooms.
- Provided band instruments, music, accompanists and ten scholarships for 4th and 5th grade students (45-50 participants last year) via our Restaurant Night fundraising program.
- Supported the technology requests of the Affective Needs (AN) Center.
- Supported the Great Schools Thriving Communities Ballot Initiative 93 to increase state funding for all Colorado public schools and gathering hundreds of signatures.
- Organized or assisted with school functions that were enjoyed by all, including the: Fun Run & Carnival, Halloween Costume Exchange, Spring Auction, Multicultural Night, Art Night, Field Day, and three Teacher Appreciation Luncheons.
UPark PTA Officers 2019-20
All of these committees welcome new volunteers, and several are currently seeking committee chairs:
For information on volunteer opportunities and general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.